How to Get Food 

Contact Us

* For the application process you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, current public assistance received, and total household income.

* Our team will also assist you in exploring additional food programs for which you may qualify.

  • Food bank staff will provide further instructions for food pick up. TEFAP food is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. TEFAP food may include additional food the food pantry purchases or receives through donations. Staff members and volunteers at the site will be available to answer questions and assist with loading food into vehicles if needed.

Your Right to Receive Food

When you get food from a Food Bank partner agency, you are entitled to basic rights.

  • You are entitled to receive food and/or meals at no cost
  • You are NOT required to participate in a religious event or pay dues as a condition of receiving food.
  • You will NOT be refused service or discriminated against based on your race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation
  • You will be treated  with respect and dignity at all times.
  • Your are NOT required to show proof of income, identification, citizenship, driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, or any other documentation.

If you feel your rights to receive food have been violated, please contact us at 361-887-6291

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

The Coastal Bend Food Bank is affiliated with The Emergency Food Assistance Program through USDA (United States Department of Agriculture).

  1. In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.