- The Coastal Bend Food Bank (CBFB) collects perishable and nonperishable foods from several local retail stores.
- The Rural Delivery program serves our community via our refrigerated truck, which transports food to 55 distribution sites in 11 counties every week.
- An innovative outreach program in partnership with the Health and Human Service Commission of Texas (HHSC) and the Texas Food Bank Network provides application assistance to qualified individuals for all HHSC programs including:
- Food Stamps
- Adult and Children’s Medicaid
- Children’s Health Care Program (CHIPS)
- Women’s Healthcare Program
- Long-term Care for Seniors
- The CBFB operates a distribution pantry located in the Nutrition Education building. This pantry was developed as a “shopping model”, where participants select their food, instead of receiving a bag of preselected items. This offers our clients a more dignified approach to food distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Coastal Bend Food Bank (CBFB)?
We are a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides food to a network of more than 144 agency partners such as food pantries, shelters, senior centers and feeding agencies in 11 counties throughout South Texas. In addition, the CBFB offers several direct-service programs such as the Kids’ Café, Kids’ Backpack program, Diabetes Hand On and Mobile Pantry program.
Can I get food directly from the CBFB?
No. The CBFB is a warehouse that collects and distributes food to charities, such as food pantries or shelters. The agencies will then provide clients with food and supplies within their zip code coverage area or county.
How does the CBFB get food?
Our food is donated from local and regional producers, growers, distributors and retailers. National food donations also come to the CBFB via Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger relief charity.
How is the food distributed?
Food arrives at the CBFB and is inspected, sorted, labeled and stored at the warehouse for repacking and distribution. The CBFB then delivers to the agencies directly or prepares the agencies order for pick up.
Where is the CBFB located, and what are the hours of operation?
We are located at 826 Krill St., off Navigation behind the Days Inn. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 8:00am till 4:30pm. If you need further directions or have any further question we can be contacted at 361-887-6291.
If you need assistance, please call 361-887-6291 for the location and hours of service of an agency located in your neighborhood.