Nutrition Education at the Coastal Bend Food Bank (CBFB) serves to inspire change in food choices and behaviors of children and adults so they can live healthier lives. We emphasize a lifestyle rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, water, and daily exercise, and strive to collaborate with other community partners for the same goal: ensure everyone has access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition Education is partially funded by USDA SNAP-Education to deliver no cost, quality nutrition education through lectures, hands-on cooking classes, and games for children to adults who are on SNAP or SNAP eligible. Classes are scheduled during the school day for children or after school. Adult classes can be hosted by any group consisting of 6 or more participants.
Back2Basics Cooking Class
Gain confidence in the kitchen while brushing up on cooking techniques for healthier eating. This 3-week class series puts a huge emphasis on vegetables, fresh herbs, and spices. Click https://coastalbendfoodbank.org/back-to-basics-cooking-class/ to sign up today.
- Day 1: Make your vegetables taste great
- Day 2: Utilize fresh herbs to upgrade any dish
- Day 3: Meal planning for stress-free cooking
Food knowledge and interactive lesson plans for any age to build the healthiest plate yet:
- Half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Whole Grains
- Lean Protein
- Bone-Building Dairy
- Hydrate Right
- Portion Control
OrganWise Guys curriculum is fun and interactive for grade school children (1st – 5th grade) and includes:
- MyPlate “OrganWise Guys” Style
- Pepto’s Place Where Every Serving Size is OrganWise
- Smart from the Inside Out
- Basic Training for Better Health
- Undercover Health Agents
- The Healthy Heart Challenge