Effective August 3, 2021, The Coastal Bend Food Bank requires ALL Employees, Visitors, Volunteers, and Vendors to wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status.
The Coastal Bend Food Bank (CBFB) welcomes all volunteers
All volunteers are required to REGISTER at Volunteer Registration, once you are registered you will be able to choose your time slot to volunteer.
Volunteer Hours of Operation are Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, help inspect, sort, and box donated food products at our warehouse.
Please register each volunteer individually. Family members should also be registered individually. If you have a group that would like to volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sylvia De La Cerda at 361-887-6291 ext. 5119 or e-mail her at: Sdelacerda@coastalbendfoodbank.org
Volunteers are also needed for Mobile Distributions throughout Corpus Christi and our 11 county service areas.
Food-sorting/food distribution age limits
- Ages 8 to 15 years of age must be accompanied by one adult, five youth to every one adult. (Children under 8 years of age not allowed)
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older for all Mobile Distributions
The dress code at the Coastal Bend Food Bank warehouse is casual and comfortable. Please note the following dress requirements.
- Comfortable, closed-toed safe footwear (no high heels) must be worn —open-toed shoes/sandals/flip flops are not allowed.
- Long pants or appropriate shorts only.
- Dress warmly in winter.
- Dress light in summer. No sleeveless shirts or tank tops allowed.
- Leave purses, jewelry, and other valuables at home or locked in your trunk. Necklaces and long earrings are not safe in the warehouse.
Coastal Bend Food Bank is not responsible for missing personal belongings
- NO EATING, DRINKING, RUNNING, CHEWING GUM, or SMOKING in the warehouse.
- Cleanup is part of our work. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- No eating/drinking or taking any of the donated items.