Coastal Bend Food Bank plays a critical role in South Texas helping children, seniors, families, and others who struggle with hunger.
We’ve launched Building Hope, a $30,000,000 capital campaign to help the food bank meet the increasing need in the Coastal Bend.
We are inviting individuals, corporations, and local organizations to fundraise for us.
Become a fundraiser or make a donation today and help us reach our goal!
Increasing Food Distribution
We currently distribute over 13 million pounds of food. Our new space will help enable us to increase our distribution to over 14 million pounds of food, including more fresh fruits and vegetables to help reduce diabetes and obesity in the Coastal Bend.
Aiding the Community
The new building will help address 5 critical needs of the food bank:
- More Space for Food: Expanding the warehouse from 20K square feet to 100K square feet.
- Expanded Cold Space for Fresh Nutritious Food: Fresh food provides quality and nutritious items for individuals and families. These foods help combat the fight against obesity and diabetes. More cold space eliminates the need for offsite food storage.
- Additional Volunteer Space: Volunteers are critical for food bank operations.
- Enable Receipt of Donations and Distribution Simultaneously: With more receiving bays, Food Bank can receive more product rather than reject product due to storage capacity issues and with more distribution bays, more clients/agencies can be served in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Emergency Response: The new facility helps Food Bank be an emergency management center in the wake of disasters such as hurricanes. It is not a matter of it but more a matter of when.